21 November 1999
Text: Romans 11:26a "And so all Israel will be saved"
FAITHFUL GOD DECLARES THAT ALL ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED.
1. who is all Israel
2. how God saves all Israel
3. the application for us today
12 September 1999
Romans 9:20a"But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God?"
SINCE GOD IS GOD, HE FREELY DOES WHATEVER HE WISHES.
1. Gods actions include no unrighteousness (vss 14-18)
2. Gods actions are above criticism (vss 19-24)
3. Gods actions prompt praise from men (vss 25-33)
5 December 1999
Text: Romans 12:1
PAUL EXHORTS EVERY CHRISTIAN TO SACRIFICE THE SELF TO GOD.
1. why each Christian must sacrifice the self
2. how each Christian must sacrifice the self
31 October 1999
Text: Romans 10:4a "For Christ is the end of the law"
CHRIST IS THE HEART OF THE OLD TESTAMENT LAW.
In understanding this statement, we need to come to grips with three points:
1. The meaning of Pauls statement
2. The cause of Pauls statement
3. The challenge in Pauls statement
19 September 1999
Text:Romans 8:30b and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
4 July 1999
Romans 8:18"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be
compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."
THE SUFFERINGS OF THIS LIFE LEAD US TO GLORY.
1. the reality of todays suffering
2. the hope within todays suffering
3. the glory arising from todays suffering
27 February 2000
Text: Romans 8:28
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the
called according to His purpose."
THE CHILD OF GOD CONFESSES THAT FATHER CAUSES ALL THINGS TO BENEFIT HIS CHILDREN.
This benefit is made real
1. in everything
2. for those who love God
3. according to Gods purpose
2 May 1999
Romans 8:1a "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus."
THERE IS NO CONDEMNATION FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN CHRIST JESUS.
1. The pastoral need for this gospel
2. The theological basis of this gospel
3. The personal certainty of this gospel
30 August 1998
Romans 7:25b "So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin."
PAUL THE BELIEVER TESTIFIES OF THE BATTLE THAT CHARACTERISES EVERY CHRISTIAN.
In drawing out this theme, I ask your attention for three questions:
1. of whom does Paul speak?
2. what does Paul say?
3. why does Paul say it?
16 August 1998
Romans 6:12a "Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body."
DO NOT LET SIN BE BOSS IN YOUR LIFE.
I ask your attention for the following points:
1. this instruction sounds impossible
2. this instruction is not impossible
3. this instruction demands a response